1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Lab import files (errors)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Wesley Gorby, Mar 26, 2018.

1. firebringer

firebringer Member

I dropped the new version of HeroLabNative.jar onto a fresh install of 3.7.3 beta, using the attached classes.txt. I imported two different .pors, one with a character and one with monsters (both attached).

I had to strip off the character's archetypes because d20Pro tried to turn them into different classes, which messed up the saves and BAB. After that, saves and attack rolls came across ok, because classes.txt understood what a Bloodrager and an Oracle are. Damage was, as you mentioned, way off (basically being doubled).

The monsters .por was pretty bad. It had gargoyles, spirit nagas, girallons, and bone golems, and saving throws and BAB were way off for all of them. I can only guess this is due to a creature library not understanding what those creatures are?

Templates like 'Advanced' threw the HLN for a loop too, as it treated them as new class versions of the base creatures.

So, somehow the HLN needs to be modified to ignore templates and archetypes upon import, when considering what type/class a creature is.

Here's hoping for the some more updates to the HLN soon! Thanks in advance for all of your hard work!

Attached Files:

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

The HLN importer is now standing alone it it's own repository, on its way to be open source. I am really happy with this development and thank @owlbear for the support.

In addition to continuing to work, I'm going to post a new thread recruiting any Java-skilled volunteers that would like to contribute to the importer.

3. ncassella

ncassella Member

Any link to this?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

5. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

On the strategic side of things, the HLN code now lives in its own independent repository on its way to becoming an open source plugin. In addition to allowing other gamer-devs to contribute to Hero Lab importing, it's also a fertile ground to fork from to create any other importer necessary. One could even take the Creature Import API and do novel things with it, like code up a random NPC generator or the like.

@Krilion_GD recently posted about this endeavor on the forums here.

Back to the tactical side, with the migration to the new repo complete, I'm back towards tackling known issues. I'll post updates to the JAR on this thread until an official delivery mechanism is established.

6. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

Please try the attached importer JAR. This is the first published result from the new Gradle build environment. Also, the plugin will show up in D20PRO as "Hero Lab Portfolio".

I will also have a full fledged issue tracker in place soon. That will make sure any open issues are prioritized and dealt with systematically.

It would be extremely helpful is everyone could post any current issues with this latest. And if at all possible, please attach (or PM me) your .por file so I can easily reproduce.

EDIT: obsolete JAR file removed

#26 thraxxis, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  7. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Was testing with a Great Wyrm (Blue) and here is a a new JAR that:
    • Handles multiple attacks (e.g. "Claw x2")
    • using simple keyword match for "bite", "tail" for 2 hand and "wing" for off-hand

Attached Files:

8. vanith

vanith Member

Please be as detailed as possible (general things you might want to include in your post);

What you are trying to do exactly?
    Imported a new token into D20pro and it wouldn't let me add the spells to the token

What the result was and/or what steps you took?
    Deleted the token, added it back in via Import, didn't work

Is the issue repeatable?
    Yes

what OS you are using?
    Windows 10 (1708 edition)

What rules system are you using?
    Pathfinder

What version of the software are you using?

Attached Files: