1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.3.3 Beta - Connection Problem (Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Shadow Demon, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon New Member

This was the first version that I have tested for a connection in some time. My setup is the same for when it worked in previous version. Basically, AirPort Extreme router In DHCP and NAT that distributes local IP addresses from 10.0.1.2 to 10.0.1.200. Since the connection is only on the local network there shouldn't be a port forwarding problem. Maybe?

I have MacBook Pro as the Judge software and a Mac Mini (connected to a TV) as the player. Both will 10.13.6. I have used both Sessions and TCP/IP networking making sure both Judge and Player use the same connection method.

I have a map up and ready on the Judge side. On the Player side, when I attempt to connect I get the permission dialog on the Judge side. After pressing OK, the Player side remains in the "Please wait..." state. It seems like although I gave permission it never connects completely. When I close the Player side, it dings on the Judge side that the Player has exited.

On the Judge side, the software looks really excellent as I play with the different features. However, it is not particularly useful if I can't get it to connect.

Any thoughts or help would be great. I am holding off purchase of Player's Handbook and Monster Manual until I can get resolution of the problem. I had waited until their release to even begin testing the software after a long absence.

P.S. I tried the previous 3.7.3 release build but it has other problems that didn't allow me to get as far as described above.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Load a second map and refocus to that map then back to the original. Might just be a failed completion on the initial map load for the client.

#2 Wesley Gorby, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon New Member

Awesome, loading a second map and switching back to the original worked. I will just leave a placeholder map open until this particular bug is squashed.

Also, the Mac Installer worked great without issues. For the Mac, this build has been significant improvement over the last stable build.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Happy to serve :)

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Huzzah! The PKG installer for the win!

3.7.3.4 is out with even more shiny improvements and stability stuffs. (also fixed the issues with 3.5 rule/save reporting.

6. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

Having the same issue on 3.7.3.4 with MacOS 10.13.5 (player on same Mac as DM and a remote player on windows). Fixes if I do a "synchronize view".