1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

masks not black outside of light source

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Matt

Matt New Member

My group had a little break for the summer. About 3-4 months I would create a map but throwing down all the walls and then just cover the entire place with one big mask. Then each character would have a light source. Before when I did this the map outside of the light source was just black. Now with version 3.7.3.4 the enitre map can be seen, but just with a haze over it. It still hides creatures in the darkness as it should.

My question is, is there any way to make areas of the map outside of a player's light completely black again? I do not want them to see the layout of the map outside their light source. I know I could create multiple masks and reveal as as they move into it, but unless I created large amounts of them, they would still see the layout of a dungeon room even if it was bigger than their light source.

2. Matt

Matt New Member

Updating to 3.7.3.6 fixed the issue.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Indeed. 3.7.3.6 and beyond have pretty major updates to the fog of war and mask controls -- use the map properties to change/update the opacity and you can show the map art while keeping tokens, markers and such hidden.