1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by HippyCraig, May 21, 2018.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I was playing around with Triggers on Markers and I know there is an option on triggers to not launch on the PC Client but the DM Client only. It would be nice to have a flag set on each trigger to allow it to act on either the Players or DM only. For example, I can trigger some music on the PC's connected but I also started adding triggers to rooms with a link directly to DND Beyond's monster stats to use during game play, and that I dont want to pop up on there side. If there was some sort of extra option on each to make it DM only or PC Client.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

it's an interesting idea.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the post. I've been working on some URL specific tools for reference. The first is on the creatures directly:

upload_2018-5-22_15-24-28.png

This field allows for a custom "view" sheet to be opened in creature context. If the url is compatible with our data model, the view can also be used to update and edit the creature.

(note: I've already written to DDB/Curse about integrating these features so we can share creature/character info between the table top token and their online counter part -- no word back yet however.)

I'm also thinking a similar entry for markers might be interesting. This would allow a GM to embedded GM specific URL reference materials to a marker for easy access. Potentially this could be shared between GM and Player as well, will have to think on the data model to support this.

As to extending triggers such that they can be used to arbitrarily trigger remote or local, that's likely also possible -- I'll need to dig deeper into the implementation to see what makes sense from a UI stand point.

4. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

What you came up with would be fantastic, I find myself duplicating information from DDB into the tokens all the time, I just decided to just entering them as needed so I dont get too overwhelmed. But having something just pull it in cool, a buddy of mine is working on a jscript to strip the data out of a page to plug into world anvil for example to keep the character sheets updated in that portal. And since you have to be logged in to use the tool it doesn't break DDB security model they have in place. We have only talked about doing it but I can see if its something he can share.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Still on the task list. sorry this got pushed back due to the time it's taken to nail down the core for the classes library. Will be working on this and the manual damage post GC!

6. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Cool thanks for the update!

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

This isn't in 3.7.4 -- I wanted to finish the features we had on the table and get the bugs ironed out the system prior to moving on the new ones!

8. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

but it's so hard not to get excited about the ideas from this thread and want to build them now!!

10. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member