1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Can a session remain open?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrwinfree, Aug 18, 2018.

1. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

for example, is there a way to host a game using d20pro that I can leave up and running all the time. I am thinking of a way for the players to have an asynchronous opportunity to fine tune the player character sheet within d20pro without utilizing valuable game time. Is this something that would require a private server? or can I remain logged in through the Lobby?
    Thanks,
    Mickey

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You can leave it up as long as you like, though I wouldn't suggest it..way to many chances for something to go very wrong. Session time out, drives spinning down, data loss, campaign corruption due to data loss etc etc

3. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

Roger that.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm working on a method for off-line character updates so this won't be as big a deal for future generations of users!

still in progress on that task, unfortunately. You can manage some of the negatives Kril spoke of by making sure that you're drives are not set to go to sleep and by checking in every so often on a server you've left up for players to connect too for update tasks.

5. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

Thanks Owlbear. I think I'll wait for the off-line option! I'd never be diligent enough to keep the server going.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Will keep you posted!!