1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.4 import hangs and map access is denied

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by nullcron, Sep 1, 2018.

1. nullcron

nullcron New Member

Running in admin mode, new install of 3.7.4 and imported new 5e Monster Manual as well as other files. Opened a few maps then got access is denied on the map obj.
    bat file was increased to 1024.
    Startup ram was increased to 6.67 g, total and used is under 1g.
    Other imports are fine. Monster Manual hangs on import. Off and On again does not change it.

Thoughts?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The MM is very large and there are a -lot- of moving pieces.
    I've heard it taking an hour or so to import for some people.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

It does take a long time to import the MM -- lots of art there. I'm looking at how to speed it up, but for now, it's about 10 minutes on a fast system to import the whole MM the first time around, I hadn't heard it taking as long as an hour though. that's really really long.

4. nullcron

nullcron New Member

That explains the access is denied.
    Thanks.