1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Organizing Creatures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronin, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ronin

ronin New Member

I'm just getting back to using D20 Pro after a few years. I am using it for to run Horror on the Orient Express for Call of Cthulhu. I have been able to create maps and creatures but I'm having a problem putting the creatures into files by scenario. Right now it's just one long list of creatures that isn't sorted in any discernable way. I'm guessing there's a way to create files for each scenario but so far it's eluded me.

I also have one other question. I'm using a laptop with a high resolution screen. Is there a way to make the writing larger other than dialing down the resolution? The images look great but the small letters are challenging my aging eyesight :)

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @ronin. Yeah. the creature library and other libraries do not have a folder concept at this point. What I would advise is to use the "Module" entry on a the creatures to tag them for specific parts of the scenario. this will let you search and sort by the "Module" name.

Regarding resolution, if you're on Windows, the solution is highly counter intuitive. By default, windows sets the "scaling" on high resolution monitors to 110 - 150 % -- Java has a known issue where it is inverting the scaling, i.e. reducing the size of fonts rather than increasing them.

To combat this, set the window scaling to 100% and you should see D20PRO pop back up to a proper resolution! You will have to restart the application to see the effect however.

Another thing, you can check the box for "Use oversided UI" from the game launcher. This will ad blue rectangular drag handles to windows and increase the size of some elements of the UI for easier access on high res or touch friendly screens.