1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Innate Spell Casting

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Blueter, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Blueter

Blueter Member

Would it be..cleaner, to change innate spell casting "trait" from the traits tab over to the spells tab? I noticed this on the Gynosphinx from the MM 5E. Not that it doesn't work, it does of course, but seems like a creature such as the sphinx which is given a set of spells that the logical place to look is the spells tab. I messed with the creature class template and moved it over there by adding a spell list. It just seems cleaning to me. This is just food for thought and as I stated earlier it works fine as is.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Af far as I am aware, it's done that way for instances where the Innate casting trait allows for casting things and slots outside of the normal allotment. it's just easier to do it that way, than have only the odd bit out that way.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks @Blueter. I felt the same way, but the content team went the route of traits. What I'm hoping to do is eliminate this confusion by proving an "ability" tab to the spell casting area so you can see spells which are granted to a creature from a trait or item.

This isn't planned for immediate release nor is it in progress yet. but it's on my list of to-do's in our planning tools.