1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7 spell setups

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by vanith, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

it should look sorta like so.

upload_2018-3-6_6-39-1.png

2. Remaker

Remaker Member

No, I get that. What I'm saying is that nothing happens when I double click on the template. Like, at all.

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

If it is 'locked'. you should be able to make a copy, then use that copied version (modified to suit) in your stuff.

4. Remaker

Remaker Member

The problem is that copying it also copies the locked property.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

hmmm I'll ask about that, cuz I think it's supposed to allow you to edit the copy.

6. mutant

mutant Member

Need some help getting Cleric spell to work as written in Players Handbook. I set the Mod Group to Attack Bonus and value to dice(1d4). However, how can I set spell flow to roll the 1d4 each time the target rolls an attack? Under my current set up, Bless is rolled once for the duration. I did try "Roll each Time" in effect, but this did not seem to work. Any suggestions?

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Add the Effect trigger Target: On Turn Start. it'll cause the effect to fire on the targets turn. However, it will still require you as GM to manage, as the effect will have no way of knowing if the target hit with his weapon attack.

Myself, I don't usually include this in the Effect.. the only thing I include is the Status marker noting the target has Bless effect on them and the duration. I then have the target add an Attack on their Attack tab that is weapon+bless that includes the additional d4.

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi All, just an annual chime in regarding the flow system and what's planned. Yes, the flows are complicated. Yes, we're looking a way to allow quicker builds with a simplier interface that will get you started -- then let you go to the flow to do more advanced things.

No, i don't have a specific timeline for release :p

9. mutant

mutant Member

Circled back around for Bless spell. When it is cast on target, the to hit bonus is cumulative per round, but random each time. For example, first round of bless gives the target a +2 to hit, the second round +5, the third round +9, fourth round +10, fifth round +12. Is this something in the flow I am missing (or have modified from original)? I am on 3.7.7
    Thanks!

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Can you post a screenshot of the FLOW?

11. mutant

mutant Member

upload_2019-3-11_19-57-43.png

I tried to add a different status modifier (ongoing Radiant). I am not sure if I modified "rolldice(1d4)" in modify target -> value. Appreciate your help.

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The Value node can use dice(#d#)

rolldice() should return/throw an error as it's a function that doesn't exist that I am aware of...

Unless it is something you wrote.

13. mutant

mutant Member

Changing the value node to dice(1d4) did the trick; the roll is no longer cumulative. I also set up the same effect for each save. the result of spell now rolls 8 variables (to hit, 6 ability saves, death save) once for each character. This bonus remains static for duration of spell. Not exactly effect as written in PH but close enough.