1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Lucky (3x per Long Rest)

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by Gregg Devanna, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

Is there a way for d20pro to keep track of Luck points for the Lucky feat? I have the PHB, but I don't see how the software keeps track of the points. I tried to add a trait template, but not sure how to make it work. Any ideas?
    Lucky trait temp.JPG

In the same vein, is there a mechanism for inspiration points?

Thanks ~Gregg

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You're on the right Track, yes, you'd add a Trait 'Luck Points' which has a template 'Per Day' which fires a Trait 'Spend Luck Point'.
    The 'Spend Luck Point' trait wouldn't do anything other than have a cost of 1, to deduct a point from the Template 'per Day' pool.

For my own games, I created a 'Burn Point' Trait. That way I can have one generic trait to use for other instances where I just need to deduct a point from a pool.

3. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

Awesome! So maybe this is old-hat to most of you, but I got a kick out of figuring this out, so I thought I would share. Here are some screenshots of how I set this up. If there's a better way, I'd love to learn it.

First, I setup a Flow in the Rules Library called 'Spend Luck Point'.
    Lucky Flow.JPG

Then I modified the Lucky feat Trait Template to add 'Spend Luck Point' and chose the flow above as the selected source.
    Lucky Trait Template.JPG

On my PC sheet, I added the Lucky feat from the trait template.
    Lucky Creature Trait.JPG

With your PC token selected on the map, press B (Abilities).
    Lucky Feat Use.JPG

When you press OK, the number of points decrements and the log indicates the usage.
    Lucky Use Log.JPG

:)

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yup, you got it :)
    well done sir