1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

View as Player

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by crazitalk, Apr 7, 2019.

1. crazitalk

crazitalk Member

I'd love the ability to view maps as a player while logged in as a GM. I use D20Pro with my home game and usually I run it on multiple computers with one being the GM and one being the Player view pumped into a television. I've tried running multiple instances of the app on one computer, but have run into frustrating lag. With at least half of the updates that have occurred since purchase I run into an instance where the update won't work properly on my player computer. I'd love to be able to mirror the screen and be able to set the view to that of a player. This would be beneficial for both verifying FOW and running home games.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You can do this by launching a second instance of the application on the same PC and connecting to yourself on 127.0.0.1 ..
    As to issues, how much RAM do you have allocated to the application? and how much total system RAm do you have?

3. crazitalk

crazitalk Member

Currently I'm running with 16GB total and when I was running a second instance I was devoting 5–6GB to both the instances and while the GM instance worked, the PC instance generally wouldn't display the tiles and only periodically would display the fog of war.