1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Network Connection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by DM Swan, May 3, 2019.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Also, super brief chat with owlbear.
    Definitely, move to 3.7.8 and lets test from there.

It could be some bit of the Old Lobby system in 3.7.6 or it could be network related. Let us remove the possibility of the one issue first and then look at the other if needed.

2. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yeah, the client is saying here that it can not pull information from the Judge/Host

[02 May 2019 18:48:06,157] FATAL LivePanel_LaunchAbstract | Unexpected fatal exception
    com.sengent.common.control.exception.UserVisibleException: Failed to accessCampaign from Judge
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.assignCampaign(LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.java:169)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.launch(LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.java:176)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.launch(LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.java:54)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchAbstract$LaunchTask.logic(LivePanel_LaunchAbstract.java:781)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_Abstract$AbstractPanelTask.work(LivePanel_Abstract.java:155)
    at com.mindgene.d20.laf.BlockerControl.run(BlockerControl.java:224)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.safeRun(SafeThread.java:187)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.run(SafeThread.java:195)
    Caused by: com.mindgene.transport.exceptions.LocalException: Timed-out waiting on response for request: Request (1): accessCampaign() [sync]
    at com.mindgene.transport.DispatchObject.invokeMethod(DispatchObject.java:134)
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.TransportClientImpl.invokeServerMethod(TransportClientImpl.java:261)
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.ClientToServerStub.invokeServerMethod(ClientToServerStub.java:56)
    at com.mindgene.d20.pc.transport.DMStubOnPC.accessCampaign(DMStubOnPC.java:677)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.assignCampaign(LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.java:164)
    ... 8 more

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Definitely some comms issue, but again let us ensure it's not D20PRO by using 3.7.8 first.

[02 May 2019 20:56:56,091] WARN ClientTransmitter | Error Sending Logoff. Closing Connection.
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:111)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:155)
    at java.io_ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.writeBlockHeader(ObjectOutputStream.java:1890)
    at java.io_ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1875)
    at java.io_ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.flush(ObjectOutputStream.java:1822)
    at java.io_ObjectOutputStream.flush(ObjectOutputStream.java:719)
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.ConnectionToServer.logoff(ConnectionToServer.java:98)
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.ClientTransmitter.sendLogoff(ClientTransmitter.java:37)
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.ClientTransmitter.dispatch(ClientTransmitter.java:81)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.threadedqueue.ThreadedQueue.invokeDispatchLogic(Unknown Source)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.threadedqueue.SuperQueue$Xeq.run(Unknown Source)
    [02 May 2019 20:56:56,625] ERROR AbstractCommonDataSyncManager | com.mindgene.transport.exceptions.LocalException: Timed-out waiting on response for request: Request (1470): requestForCommonDataUpdate [sync]

4. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

192.168.1.5 (web Server) and 192.168.1.100 (my computer with d20pro) are both wired to the local network.

5. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

NOTE: This client was playing both Bregan and Taer.

6. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

OK - I will have everyone in all my groups update to 3.7.8 and I'm removing my AVG virus software. We will see how things go on Tuesday evening. Thanks.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I'd just disable it to test a session, not remove it completely

9. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

NOTE - 3.7.8.1 install is not working for the Mac users. We will all update to 3.7.8 and see how the connection works.

#29 DM Swan, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

What appears to be the issue? do you have a log from a Mac for 3.7.8.1 ?

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

13. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

We will try using 3.7.8 first. I'll play around with various things on the Mac and see if I can get 3.7.8.1 going. It downloads and installs, but then doesn't launch when starting d20pro.exe (I don't remember the error). I tried the "open" with the d20pro.jar file, but that didn't work either. I'll try the other fixes you have suggested when I get a chance.

14. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

We are playing our Tuesday game now and still having connection issues with version 3.7.8. I have uninstalled my virus software and the 2 players having trouble are different than the previous players with issues. I did notice that the first 3 people connect fine - and then we have issues once the 4th and 5th person connect.

#34 DM Swan, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  15. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

After rebooting computers and restarting D20Pro, things started working better. Still some lag, but OK. Attached is the log file for the past 2 hours or so of playing.

Attached Files:

16. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Swan, I'm working on the next update. Will have a real OSX installer in this one unlike in the 3.7.8.1 build. My apologies for only having the zip available for that iteration as it has issues running from straight zip deployments.

17. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

Just an FYI - we are playing our monthly Saturday game. Everyone is face-to-face on local network, different person/computer is host. D20Pro is working OK, although there are still lag errors. Lots of errors in the log files (especially on Mac computers). Host computer restarted D20Pro, still having lag issues. So there are still some connectivity or other issues.

Attached Files:

#37 DM Swan, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  18. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

[11 May 2019 20:04:51,742] WARN ClientTransmitter | Error Sending Ping. Closing Connection.
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

To me would indicate that someone is firewalled/blocking traffic.

[11 May 2019 20:09:46,734] ERROR AbstractCommonDataSyncManager | com.mindgene.transport.exceptions.LocalException: Timed-out waiting on response for request: Request (149): requestForCommonDataUpdate [sync]

Again an inability to communicate with the client.

[11 May 2019 20:18:45,854] ERROR DecisionQueueVC | Unsupported operation while decision plens: com.d20pro.temp_extraction.feature.library.ui.decision.DecisionVC_StabilizeCreature@ed8cf76
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: List is empty!

Sounds like a bad script or flow.

19. DM Swan

DM Swan Member

We are on the local network, so no firewall involved. Things are working a little better after judge computer restarting D20Pro. Just a lot of lag and general slowness. The judge did notice one of the creatures in the roster was in "Limbo". That caused problems. Deleting the creature in limbo helped the speed. Just a lot of slowness ever since version 3.6 and 3.7.

20. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Lan or Wan has nothing to do with Firewalls are on the PCs in question.