1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.8 Failed to Initialize

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by crazitalk, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I appreciate your patience and understanding. I am going see if I can get @owlbear to go over this thread again.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

hehe. did that while you were typing to ask apparently :p

3. crazitalk

crazitalk Member

No dice on the .app. I haven't actually used Discord but I have it installed. I'm happy to do a screenshare.

4. crazitalk

crazitalk Member

Looks like Owlbear didn't get a chance to update this thread. We figured out a workaround for my Mac Pro.

I'm currently running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) on the following:
    Mac Pro (Early 2008)
    2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    6GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB

The error "Failed to initialize. IPC process exited. Exit code: 133" was resolved by the following.
    1. Download d20Pro version 3.7.6 (http://pubs.d20pro.com/Production/3.7.6/)
    2. Extract using the installer
    3. Navigate to 3.7.6 d20Pro/data/lib/ and copy the 5 jxbrowser files (all version 6.22.1c) into the new data/lib folder
    4. Rename the version number of the old files to match the new files. In the case of 3.7.6 and 3.7.8, "jxbrowser-6.22.1c.jar" would become "jxbrowser-6.23c.jar" respectively.
    I've since checked and doing this also resolves the memory error I was getting when trying other methods of correcting the problem.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member