1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.9-RC2

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by KainPen, Aug 3, 2019.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

I think the windows 64bit installer is broken. I just tried to install it and freeze up on loading d20 pro. I tried the installer from the non-beta versions and it installed and loaded no problem. I am going to try 3.7.9-RC1 and see how it goes. Edit: RC1 will not install correctly either .

#1 KainPen, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @KainPen can you try the new RC3 installer? What anti-virus software are you running? Avast/EST will block installation of java programs and can cause all manner of issues during the install process, unfortunately.

If you can provide a bit more detail about where the installer fails (if it does with RC3) that would be awesome. I'd like to ensure folks can actually use the software!

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

thank owlbear, As i mention in the 3.7.8 thread. that this was cleared up after I did updated to window 10 190X version from 180X. The installer would run fine. It was just when I went o load the program. It would hang up on the in on the screen, where it shows art work and D20pro logo at the bottom. It would never load the next window that allowed you to login and download lic or joing/host game. It made me think the installer was writing bad files.