1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Herolab Import not working for Hirelings, Familiar

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by RenScotson, Aug 26, 2019.

1. RenScotson

RenScotson New Member

Having an issue with the Herolab Import feature. The PCs are imported just fine, but familars and hirelings are not working and I'm not sure how to work around this.

One of the PCs is the captain of a ship and hired some NPCs as its crew. I unfortunately cannot export them to seperate portfolios, as they are tied to the PC, and is an issue I'll send to Herolab.

Game later tonight, hoping someone knows of a workaround as its a bit to manually type in. Thank you!

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi RenScotson. Can you post the por file here so I can download and test? Should be able to get this up and running for ya!

RenScotson likes this.
  3. RenScotson

RenScotson New Member

Sure, thank you! Sorry for the delay.

Characters in question are the shaman's arcane familiar, Irok, and Maiki's hirelings.

Attached Files:

4. RenScotson

RenScotson New Member

Also having this issue importing a druid NPC and his animal companion.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I don't believe it does companions and/or familiars.
    I wanna say you have to do those as individual .por files an import them stand alone.
    But I could be wrong on this.

6. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Kril is correct. You need to provide a separate .por for the import.

7. RenScotson

RenScotson New Member

Sorry for the delay, work has been hell. How can I seperate hirelings and familiars from the character as a seperate .por? I can seperate the character from the party with the familiar, or character with the hirelings from the party, but as a seperate .por it still only imports the main character and nothing else. I am not seeing a way to remove just the familiar or hirelings.

8. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Ok, after doing a little digging, I was mis-remembering the process. It was the exportation from HL in the D20PRO format that would separate to the currently displayed creature in the folder. Due to constant changes in HL and on D20PRO, that format is not importable anymore as they went to .POR file importation only from HL. I am unsure if there is any plan or ability for the D20PRO team to make the .POR importer able to segregate the files. Current options are to either create a separate .por for the familiar, or just build it in D20PRO directly at this current point. I would like to see some fidelity for this, myself.