1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

World of Darkness

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by tintagel, Sep 1, 2019.

1. tintagel

tintagel Member

Forgive me if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything.

Is there a way in d20pro via / commands or plugins or scripts to roll World of Darkness style success dice?

For those unfamiliar with World of Darkness, you roll X d10s and count any as 8-10 as successes. 10's "explode" and let you roll another d10, which can get another success or even another 10...

See these slash commands via Roll20 for target numbers and exploding dice.
    https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Target_Number_.28Successes.29
    https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Exploding_Dice

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I may have a WoD dice roller, if not it wouldn't be too hard to write one as an Extension.

I just tweaked one I made for WOIN today that looks like this.

[​IMG]

3. tintagel

tintagel Member

That would be awesome. Any way to make it explode on 10? I see your extension lets you set the difficulty (target number).

I've been with d20pro since it was just a 4 man team (Glav, Nick, Mat, etc). and even helped design it. (I did the menus, icons, graphics, and much of the user experience). I've looked at other VTs - notably Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 and none quite do what d20pro does so easily. (Try selecting multiple creatures, pressing D, and dealing 15 damage to each for example).

However, this one mechanic, which is central to World of Darkness, might force me to use a different VT for the first time. Help me Krilion_GD. You're my only hope! :-D

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I recall seeing posts from you back in the day, I've been stumbling around this group for a while :)

You can make it do whatever you want it to do, I't just Javascript. I wrote a Shadowrun version sometime back that has exploding d6s.
    I think there is an older version of one of the scripts in the User Created thread.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

6. tintagel

tintagel Member

That looks awesome. How can I get it? I know nothing about extensions or JavaScript.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

It still needs some work, the Game Log integration needs formatting.

Basically you would need to host the Script on a web service (somewhere accessible via the internet), then just add a link to the index.html file in D20PRO options -> Rules - Custom Roller URL

upload_2019-9-9_7-6-26.png

If you -really- trust your players, each player can just put a copy of the script into their HTML Dir in the D20PRO folder and just point to that instead of hosting it on the web somewhere.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

After which you end up with something like so.

upload_2019-9-9_7-14-19.png

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Here is the script

Attached Files:

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

However, the one I wrote above is for the new Vampire (5th Edition), so it won't work with the WoD prior editions. I believe that those use a slightly dif mechanic, 8 or better is a success, and 10s explode. So, it would take some tweaking to make that script work for an older edition.

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

but coupling something like this with a form fillable pdf character sheet and you can run almost any system in D20PRO.

upload_2019-9-9_7-38-16.png