1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rules Library

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Feb 25, 2020.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

I am try to create this pathfinder 2nd edition function
    Hurried Retreat: he kobold scout Strides up to its Speed plus 5 feet and gains a +2 circumstance bonus to AC against reactions triggered by this movement. It must end this movement in a space that's not adjacent to any enemy.

How would i set his up in rules flow? to end at end of casters turn? Also I not sure if this is a bug, but If i change if from spell to feature. It disappears from the rules set.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

sorry i just saw where it was putting it in rule library, but still curious if there is away to set duration to end of turn?

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

Thank Krilion, few more questions. Is the ability to do Critical failures and Critical Success available yet; I am only seeing Success and failure as option with saves having options of negate or half damage? I am trying to trample for rules library, but the Damage is going to change dependent on the corresponding natural attack of creature. Example Elephant may do 2d8+7 but Rino may do 2d6+4. Would I have to make two separate rules for trample or can I use the same one and make the change or each individual creature. with out messing up the other. I also got this other strange thing I am trying to do flat number penalty to armor class, and when I put -2 as value it add 2 to the AC and If I just put 2 as value it does nothing, Creatures AC remains unaffected???

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

You'd wanna make Trample, Elephant and Trample, Rhino.

As for the AC, I'd need more to go on .. screenshot or export will work.

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

how do you mean... both are options via the Attack System/resolution for the GM.

7. KainPen

KainPen Member

Save also have these options in 2nd edtion pathfinder. I see it in the attack section. But not in saving throw options. Example Trample, Elephant, has 4 different effects based on save reflex save. Crit Success = 0 damage, Success = 1/2, Failure = damage, Crit failure = double damage.

Trample [​IMG]
    Source Bestiary pg. 344
    The monster Strides up to double its Speed and can move through the spaces of creatures of the listed size, Trampling each creature whose space it enters. The monster can attempt to Trample the same creature only once in a single use of Trample. The monster deals the damage of the listed Strike, but trampled creatures can attempt a basic Reflex save at the listed DC (no damage on a critical success, half damage on a success, double damage on a critical failure).

8. KainPen

KainPen Member

ok I figured out the AC problem, I am not sure why it is doing it may be a bug. The active effect was not canceling, For Hurried Retreat: was not canceling for some reason even after Canceling it on creature and out of active effects. Seem to be working now.

9. KainPen

KainPen Member

Look like option to pick Cancel condition of Turn End or Turn Start for trigger on Caster or on Target. is not an option. Should I be using Execution delay??? that does not seem correct.

10. KainPen

KainPen Member

Krilion does this look correct? The damage is applying but I am not sure if the save is being rolled? When I go to adjust the save pass or save in application process, sorry been a while since I was GMing and there has been a ton of changes since I last did any testing. in Previous version we would get red or Green * on pass or save, and as GM we could do a hidden fudge or clicking on it and confirming the result pass or fail. I used to use this because my player like to roll their own dice.

Attached Files:

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The Effect node, needs a 'Save = Primary' subnode.
    Also, I'd change your dice to dice(2d10 + 9)

12. KainPen

KainPen Member

Awesome thanks that worked. =) Last thing and I am think I am good for now. lol how do you get it to show up in game log? I thought that was what the action word did. according to Guide but it is not working or i am missing something else. If check that box that says use action word. It seem to deselect if self even after saving. If i open the rule again.