1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder OGL: Core Rules

Discussion in 'Marketplace Content' started by Golldan, May 24, 2019.

1. Golldan

Golldan Member

So for the new $30. Pathfinder 1 Core Spells, were they supposed to be fleshed out and workable? As what I am seeing are where offensive Spells are set to Modify to Inert. So they do no damage.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

How do you mean, the only other OGL material we had was free though it was many years old. It was far from robust and complete. The new product is much improved and contains a vast amount of more up to date and concise information in a new data model befitting the newer versions of D20PRO.

4. Golldan

Golldan Member

The reason I decided to spend the $30. was 99%, if not 100% for the D20Pro PF spells that functioned properly. At this point, they do not fully function properly - as you noted, it will be a work in progress.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Golldan (and all) -- this will get update. There was supposed to be clear text in the product description explaining the spells did not contain working flows for damage/status at this time but would be released in an update.

We'll keep you posted and I think Kril has already updated the product listings with the text that was missing. Again, sorry for the confusion and we'll get you what you're looking for ASAP.

6. Remaker

Remaker Member

Was this ever finished? I'm with Golldan, the scripted spells are the reason I'd be interested in this product. The rest of the product is stuff that can be done with text files, and I've done most of it already. But the spells, that's something I've always wanted.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I am not sure what you mean by 'that can be done with text files'. There is way more to a dataset than can be done in any text file.. Hours and hours more.

But to answer your question, spells are being built all the time, a lot of the time they are posted on Discord. Most often they are gathered up and applied to the dataset builds in bunches or when other updates to the dataset happen.

8. Remaker

Remaker Member

Thank you for the reply, but I still don't really have the information that I'm looking for. Specifically, if I pay $30 for the Pathfinder Core Rules D20 product, will I be getting the scripted spells from the Pathfinder Core Rules? If the answer is "some of them," that's fine, but is there a list anywhere? At that price point, I'd be interested in maybe having 90% done, and accepting that some of the odd ball spells aren't supported, but wouldn't be happy with the purchase if only a few dozen spells were implemented. Details matter here.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The answer is yes, some of them are done, others are being collected and added as updates are done. Spells currently function, as in they generally have duration, target templates and cost spell slots to cast. A lot of the more in-depth fine-tuning is being done as we (and by we, I mean me) can.

The price point is getting you full data entry for a book, about 80 man-hours of labor++ as it is ongoing.

Eventually at some point yes, all the automation will be hooked up, however, I am deep in Pathfinder 2 data entry at the moment, so I don't have a time frame.