1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to gauge interest in new battlemap-making software

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by heruca, Jan 21, 2017.

1. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Congrats @heruca !!

Not likely, I asked (politely) :)

We've been working on a thing which DnDBeyond will most certainly influence... but mapping apps is not that intersect yet!

2. heruca

heruca Member

We're down to the last 5 days of the MapForge Kickstarter campaign! Only 33 slots remain for the new "Commercial/Publisher Bundle" pledge level that was recently added. These are going fast, especially now that they will include more art for the same price.

Be sure to check out the new video I posted yesterday in Update #8.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Congrats on the KS Heruca! All the interest in commercial/publisher access has been great.

Good luck on the final stretch!

4. heruca

heruca Member

Thanks. I'm having issues with uncooperative bloggers, so my reach is/was far from what I expected it to be, especially through the mid-campaign slump.

I totally did not expect so much interest in the commercial/publishing aspect. Is everyone a module publisher, these days?

Edit: Corrected typo

#24 heruca, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. heruca

heruca Member

New Stretch Goals added, by backer request.

[​IMG]

MapForge is now aiming for the record of highest funded map-making software project on Kickstarter (it's currently in 3rd place). But with only 3 days remaining, it's going to be a challenge. Click here for more info.

6. heruca

heruca Member

Down to the last 2 hours!

Now with over 1800 backers. All Stretch Goals unlocked (again!).

MapForge is now the highest-funded mapping software project on Kickstarter, by a decent margin.

Read this Update if you've been on the fence. It might just change your mind.

Always try to end on a high note, they say. :)

As an aside, I thought it was very cool that Mesa-Mundi made a very generous pledge to my campaign. Thanks so much for supporting my project!

#26 heruca, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

w00t! Good finish @heruca ! well done!

And no problem :) We use and own a wide range of tools, our own included!

8. heruca

heruca Member

Hi again, folks.

I came here to let everyone know that my MapForge mapping software was recently released (less than 2 months ago), that MapForge has a new website, and that the MapForge Store is now open for business.

Some gaming genres were sorely under-represented by the original 50 content Add-Ons for MapForge, so I'm currently running a follow-up Kickstarter campaign to fund the creation of 26 more content Add-Ons for the software, to better support sci-fi RPGs (e.g. Starfinder, Star Wars, Traveller, Shadowrun, etc.). There's also some great new content for Fantasy and Modern Day genres. I hope you'll check it out. It's down to the last 3 days.

Oh, and MapForge v1.0.4 will probably be released tomorrow. It adds support for hexgrid overlays, among other things.

By the way, some backers of the original KS campaign have yet to claim their rewards, having somehow missed all the announcements since last February when I began issuing license codes and Add-On registration codes. Perhaps they've disabled automatic email notification for the campaign? In any case, instructions for claiming the rewards have been posted here.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Congratulations @heruca I know there was some kerfuffle at the end of your dev cycle there! I can tell you that Kickstarter has been having issues with update notices going out to the backers. I know I for one have not actually received any of the notices from any of the campaigns I've backed in the last year. Fun times!

10. heruca

heruca Member

Oh, so it's not just a matter of backers having disabled their email notifications? That's even worse, then. I've resorted to sending out mass emails, about 100 backers at a time.

MapForge is still getting some quick patches to get everything running smoothly for everyone, since there were indeed issue fresh out of the gates. v1.0.4 will hopefully sort some of that out.

With World Engine being a web app, I imagine you don't have to contend as much with user-hardware-specific issues. Must be nice. :)

11. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

To some degree :) But cross-browser work is just as difficult -- and D20PRO deals with mac/linux/window's issues all the time!

12. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah we do :)

13. heruca

heruca Member

:: performs thread necromancy::

I'm now running a new Kickstarter campaign to add isometric mapping capability to MapForge, and to produce lots of isometric content Add-Ons for use in the software.

[​IMG]

But I'm having a lot of trouble getting the project funded, despite the modest funding goal, and only 6 days remain in the campaign.

If isometric mapping sounds like something that would interest you, please check out the campaign.

14. heruca

heruca Member

The campaign saw a huge surge in the last 72 hours. It now looks almost certain to fund. It's at 88% now, with 3 days remaining, and only $663 to go!

15. heruca

heruca Member

The MapForge Isometric Kickstarter campaign has funded!

Not only that, but two Stretch Goals have already been unlocked, and a third is tantalizingly close.

If the campaign reaches $7600 in funding (just $462 more), that will mean three free isometric content Add-Ons for everyone. It looks like maybe 15-20 more backers would do the trick. The campaign is now in its final 24 hours.

16. heruca

heruca Member

All 3 Stretch Goals have been unlocked.
    The campaign ends in less than 3 hours, and pledging even $1 gets you FOUR free isometric mapping Add-Ons, which you can use even without a MapForge license.

17. heruca

heruca Member

Hi, all. Back again with another Kickstarter campaign: this time to produce new dungeon-themed mapping content for MapForge.

[​IMG]

If you've ever struggled with your dungeon maps all looking basically the same, here's a solution. This crowdfunding campaign seeks to broaden MapForge's fantasy-genre content offerings by producing 9 more fantasy-themed mapping content Add-Ons, in order to better support the creation of top-down tactical-scale dungeon battlemaps for tabletop RPG systems such as D&D and Pathfinder.

Quick delivery of rewards is expected (May 2021), and there are no shipping costs involved, since it's all digital downloads. Note that it's a short campaign, which ends in 9 days.

Check out the campaign

18. heruca

heruca Member

The campaign is ending soon (24 hours), and it looks like it's going to be a very close thing. I'm hoping the new pledge level announced in Update #4 will help. The campaign is just $137 away from funding.

19. heruca

heruca Member

I'd like to announce the latest MapForge Kickstarter campaign, which ends soon. It's for porting much more Modern Day mapping content for use with MapForge.
    Whether you want to make street maps for your Supers RPG campaign, interior maps for your d20 Modern game, or even post-apocalyptic urban maps, this campaign should interest you.

[​IMG]

PS: Yes, I know the campaign almost certainly won't fund. I still have to try. I owe it to the artists involved.

20. heruca

heruca Member

[​IMG]

My latest Kickstarter campaign should interest GMs of sci-fi RPGs like Traveller and Starfinder who would like to make custom battlemaps for their game sessions. It ends in 2 hours, and needs about 10 more backers to get funded. I hope some of you will check it out.