1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Defense and new mini-sheet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Micco, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Micco

Micco New Member

I've found the Custom Defense option and I'd like to display the CMD on the new mini-sheet. I've tried guessing at what tag I should use to access the custom defense info, but I've been unsuccessful so far. It seems that by making Custom Defense 1 = CMD, it correctly finds the CMD from the Hero Lab import (sweet!). But I can't display it. Is there someplace that lists all the $tags available for use in the mini-sheet?

Thanks!

PS: For the sake of those who follow. Entering the following into Custom Defense will give you from the Hero Lab import:

"CMD" - Combat Maneuver Defense
    "ffCMD" - Flat-footed Combat Maneuver Defense
    "SR" - Spell Resistance

Or I should say that it seems to work for me based on anecdotal evidence!

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

I've been working on getting all the tags into one doc for easy reference but that project got sidetracked by GenCon preparation. The custom defense ones you're looking for are:

$customD1
    $customD2
    $customD3

You can also hard code your own custom stats by adding a line into the notes tab of the character sheet. The basic format is:

Code:
    <>[key] [stat value]<>

For example, if we didn't have the custom AC boxes which can be used for 4E you could use the code below in the notes tab to create a variable, $fortitudeAC, which could then be used in any of the files in Stats.zip:

Code:
    <>$fortitudeAC 16<>

3. Micco

Micco New Member

Perfect! Thanks :)

By the way, are there any limitations to the html render engine for the mini-sheet? When I tried to make some edits to the format of one of the sections I didn't get the expected results. What I saw in the mini-sheet did not resemble what Dreamweaver preview or Firefox rendered. Thanks again for the prompt reply!

4. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

There are actually many limitations based on how Java renders the HTML and unfortunately I haven't found any sort of solid documentation on that. I was able to use some CSS but the more advanced things like Float didn't work. Many deprecated tags work just fine though. Because of this, tables wound up being the best way to do things. If I do run across an actual list of supported tags and CSS then I'll come back and post it.