1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

H2 Maps

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Tivaan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I would like to ask the administrators if it is OK if I upload a RAR file later this week with the H2 Thunderspire maps in it. There will be no monster files, module contents, or anything else just the maps that I worked on. These were taken from my pdf file, stitched in some places, and the images were worked over to make them as sharp as possible after being exploded.

Oh and one other thing these have been exported from D20pro, so you have to use D20pro to actually use the maps.

2. cyderak

cyderak Member

I'll take any maps you got. :)

3. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Is the H2 maps that were published in the late 80's with H1-3 High Level Adventure series based near and around the Booldstone Lands? If so and it is permissible it would be really cool to take a look at those maps. I have H3, but have not, to date, been able to get my hands on the previous two. Just my .02

Cheers,
    Mobius

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I'm pretty sure that if you have maps taken directly from the books that it violates copyright laws. Even though you are not trying to sell or profit from them they are something that you have to purchase from WOTC so It could lead to trouble.

Now if they are free downloads from wizards site then they are free for all.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

Instead of directly uploading them to this forum, to avoid copyright issues could you upload them to a file share place like divshare or dropbox then put the link on here.

Gotta be careful with copyrighted material

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

With those modules being that old, are the copyrights still active??

7. Leathermartini

Leathermartini New Member

I believe copyrights last a -long- time. Mickey Mouse, for example, was created in the 1930s? (20s?) and is still under copyright.

8. vardeman

vardeman New Member

Thunderspire is only a couple years old at most.

V

9. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I thought copyright laws lasted 55 years but I was having a discussion on the Paizo boards awhile back about the availability of Lovcraft stuff to be used with the OGL and was told that it is now 95 years for a copyright licence. Then when that expires the holder of the licence can have it renewed.

Here is some info on putting Ebook type stuff online.

And yeah, for H2 being such a "old" module it was copyrighted in 2008, so it looks like you might have another 93 years or so before you could legally post up maps and such from it.

Now if you used a cartography program and made you're own version of them that would be ok.

EDIT

I did some more digging and here is a great site. I added a attachment of the site in PDF format.

If it was published after 2002:
    "After 2002 70 years after the death of author. If a work of corporate authorship, 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first"

Attached Files:

10. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

11. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I hope folks enjoy these the next set is H3 and then G1-G3 Against the Giants I will be working on the Drow series after that.

12. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Here is an example of a new map im working on from another module. What do u think.

Attached Files: