1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding the Pathfinder APG classes and Prestige classes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, Aug 14, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

First off. Is anyone working on these.

Second if I was to do these myself how would I do them. I took a look at the class list file and if I took say the Bard and just copied and pasted that and changed the proper entries would that work.

I remember a post somewhere about entering classes but I cannot seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Vance A.K.A. Bigkilla

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

No one/ :cry:

3. Eretas

Eretas New Member

You should look here

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Yeah those are all the Beta versions. There has been some changes since then. I am currently using it but there is some issues with spells and stuff but nothing I cannot work around.

5. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Yep, I will be updating them now that I have the book. Been really busy with work and stuff, But I will have some time this week, and into the holiday weekend, so I will post an update to them soon.

6. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

This makes me happy inside.

7. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Here you go as promised, I didn't get a chance to really play test them as I had to put in a 16 hr day at work today. But I did finish both the new classes.txt file as well as the new spells.txt file, all I can say is test them out please, and that is a lot of spells. Thanks to the spell DB at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spells-db as it saved me a bunch of time, especially after I had typed in most of the spells by hand, and then a saving mishap erased 4 hours of work. What windows 7 is missing is an undo when you do something stupid when you are really tired, like saving it when you tell it to. :)

Attached Files:

8. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Oh, I didn't do the prestige classes, but please still test these out, and let me know what doesn't work.

9. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Will check them out over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the work. Have you tried tweaking the inquisitor as a sorcerer in the classes file at all?

10. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

They all had their new spells added, but it is still a cleric based class, has divine spells,and a domain. So until the APG classes get there own love from the staffers at d20pro, they retained their existing templates. But it's easy to change, if you want to use a different template, just change that line in the file.

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I'm in the process of testing it out and most of it looks great but I did see a few errors but they are easy to fix/add.

spellClass not found: summoner I'm not sure how to fix this, does give it the sorcerer spellclass work?
    spell not found: Brand, Greater
    spell not found: Defile Armor
    spell not found: Suffocation
    spell not found: Suffocation, Mass

The spells are a easy fix. I think I went through and tried all the new spells but I might have missed a few. But this is a much welcomed addition IMO.

Thanks Bigkilla.

12. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

OK, see in the spells.txt where I missed those. As for the Summoner, I don't know, it works fine on mine, with my lvl 3 Summoner that I used before GenCon, And since she was what I used at GenCon for most mods, She made lvl 5, so I leveled her up in Hero Lab (latest Version) and exported her, and then imported her into D20pro, and I have no problems at all...(even used the latest skills.txt file and now her Profession: Brewer shows up right. I wish I knew why some classes, like my Cleric come over already with his spells intact, and others I have to go in and manually add, this is kind of annoying. Especially since its the summoner and then I have to press rest for the spells to show up.