1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Wall of fog and wall color?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Archon286, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Archon286

Archon286 New Member

I didn't get any replies in the General questions area, so I thought I'd try reposting in the support area with a little more detail.

One thing I have not figured out yet that is affecting my test users is that fog of war (on the player side) and the hand drawn wall color is identical. If I place them in a room with one exit, and reduce the fog of war so that they can only see the tiles inside the walls of the room, they cannot see the walls them selves as their black color blends in with the fog of war edge. They have almost no way of knowing what is a boundary, and what is unexplored.

Can I change the color of the walls, or am I missing a basic step in using something here? Thanks, I'm looking forward to purchasing this very soon once I figure it out well enough to run a game in it!

[​IMG]

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

No, at this time there is not a way to change the wall colors on the map. I see you point here though and I'll add this in as a feature request for a future update.

3. Archon286

Archon286 New Member

Great, thanks!

4. vardeman

vardeman New Member

Is it possible to make 2 levels of Fog of War? level one when the party knows the layout of a room but no who's in it, and level two where they don't even know the layout.

V

5. Archon286

Archon286 New Member

This is something I noted as being missing. Similar to an RPG where they see the map, but new units moving through there will not be seen. I'll throw my hat in as being very interested in that feature.

6. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Well, as it stands now monsters have 3 different levels of visibility: Visible, Invisible, Dynamic. "Visible" is visible whether there is FoW in the square they occupy or not. "Dynamic" means their visibility is determined by the FoW in the square they occupy. If you set monsters to be "Invisible" then you will not be able to see them even if they square they occupy is revealed. It sounds like you both want to be setting your creatures to "Invisible" instead of "Dynamic" so that they stay invisible until you decide to specifically reveal them instead of when the room they are in is revealed. You can of course select multiple monsters at once and change their visibility setting to speed up the process.

7. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I always create my monsters as "Invisible" - so that if I accidentally reveal too much information about the map, I haven't necessarily given away the entire encounter.