1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyderak, Sep 10, 2010.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

How do you transfer Maps from one computer(my desktop) to another(My Laptop). Do you move Files?.......Save it a certain Way?

2. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

If you are transfering files from 1 d20pro to another on a differant computer then:
    Simply export the maps from d20pro from the first computer
    transfer the the exported files on a flash drive to laptop and import them in to the new d20pro.

If you are just transfering "Raw" maps then save them as jpg and load them onto a flash drive and then transfer them to the laptop. They can be imported into d20pro as raw maps on the laptop.

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Thanks Tivaan.

I'll get right on that. I't be alot easier if they integrated a drag and drop system. Drag the JPEG or PNG file into a D20Pro window and it automatically converts it over to D20Pro map format.

4. Dan

Dan Member

There are a lot of decisions to be made as to the grid and scaling sizes, and where that image is stored. Not sure if it's that straightforward.