1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Items Tab malfunction......

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by cyderak, Sep 10, 2010.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Hey,

Like a fool I keep entering in Item graphics and everytime I re-start D20 Pro the images are either the default "dagger" or they are something else completely. Tried this several times thinking it just needed to save iteself in a certain way. But it always starts with different images than what I entered in.

Items Tab needs a huge overhaul.........D20Pro 2.3 WHERE ARE YOU??????

2. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I was having the same issue until i imported my item pics for each one and they stuck and work fine now.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Speaking of items overhall, just this morning I had a brainstorm hit me how we can improve items.

How would our users like for items to have creature like stats: hit points, hardness (dr), attacks, abilities, size changeable, moveable on the screen without the need to enter the items library, ability to equip them and get the attack for the item?

Is this a feature you guys would really really want?

It is currently in the idea stage, not sure how tough it will be to implement just yet. Though it would be a MAJOR overhall, which may require all current items to be rebuilt from scratch and put on the creatures.

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

While it would be grand, I see the "equip the item" feature - breaking my characters; or at least resulting in a great deal of editing of attacks / powers / etc.

Also, unless it was an extremely common item - having to customize the Item would probably not be any less work than customizing the character (With the added benefit, however, that a newly equipped item would immediately benefit the player and DM calculations - whereas a player update is usually "after-the-fact"). Essentially requiring a the custom creation of an item, that might only be used once (people sharing their equipment files, would help though).

That said, I love the idea. I use items quite often - having my monster drop loot items (that players have to pick up); and using chests (created as monsters) with open and closed lids - that also drop loot.

Now, if you could make dropped loot appear "On Top" of the monster/chest when you are making it movable - that would be awesome.

5. Dan

Dan Member

Cyderak, are you doing anything else? Are you moving any images around, renaming them, sorting them, etc in the ITEM folder?

Also, what system are you running? Are you on a mac and running off a DMG file, or are you unable to edit the Program Files folder in Windows? Items are saving images fine on my installation.

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

I am running Windows 7 off of the 64 bit bat file. And nope I didn't move images after asigning them to an item.

7. KainPen

KainPen Member

i would like to see that over hall. =) sounds good need to add sound effect to chest opening or loot drop. would be funny to add Zelda open chest sound effect to it or diablo II drops sounds for loot hitting the ground for monsters. option auto drop setting upon death would be great. maybe you could ad Xp calculator that was talked about here after. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=95&p=1281&hilit=exp#p1281

8. mineption

mineption New Member

I would very much like to see this feature added in, as I tend to use many items in my game. A lot of them are from the Magic Item Compendium, which are mostly items that have abilities attached to them, with an option to use multiple charges of the item at once for varying effects. Also, the option to have items bestow/take away effects when equipped/unequipped would be nice as well.