1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Drag and drop items onto map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by efernsler, Oct 3, 2010.

1. efernsler

efernsler New Member

Hi all. I suspect this is a PEBKAC error, but I've looked through the forums and the help and I cannot figure it out. I swear I'm not an idiot either, but suspect I am about to be proven wrong...

So, I'm running d20pro on a Mac, I'm a new user, and preparing to run Pathfinder Society Games online in three states. Aside from all the other challenges, I cannot seem to drag items onto my map.

I have the Library open and the Item Library button is green. When I click on an item (ANY item), it immediately pops up the Image Choser menu. I cannot manipulate the item (other than to change the description and # which has no effect). If I actually chose an image, when I come back to the original, the image does change - but I still get no further.

I really need to be able to put items on my happy map. It looks so lonely...

Oh, and I can place creatures/characters without difficulty as near as I can tell. At least early tests have all been positive.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. And if anyone wanted to post a link to some PFS modules already prepared for d20pro, I'd love you forever. :D

Santih,
    Euan

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

AFAIK you can't place items from the items page. (Well you could give a monster an item and then make the monster drop the item, but that is a kludge).

Instead, you place items using the drawing tool. I normally create my maps with another product and then import/tweak them; so the name of the actual tool escapes me.

3. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

It is possible (just tested)

Don't click on the image but clicl (and drag to map) on the NAME of the item instead, then it will be placble on your map

Clicking on the image goes into "edit" mode for Items

And to reselect it (to move, delete, duplicate) , you must be in your library with Items open before
    (unlike monsters, where you just double-click them)

4. efernsler

efernsler New Member

Brilliant!!

I love you folks. Grazie!

5. Dabrion

Dabrion New Member

nice one! was also kinda annoyed by the popup dialog, that discouraged me from trying different things. funny though, i also had the items droped by a creatue as a workaround :)