1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

marker questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrillba, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

when i create a marker, it makes it in a random place. Is there a way that I can put it somewhere in particular to start with so I don't have to find it. Also is there a way to make a marker larger?

2. Dabrion

Dabrion New Member

afaik newly created map markers appear at the grid crossing, that is closest to the center of your current view. at least it seems to be like that when i create new markers. there is issues when stack in one place though, but you will always be able to see and drag the topmost marker.

what i find more annoying is that the map-markers do no respect the fog of war! so you have to gradually edit the map markers as the players uncover the map. call that a feature request!

3. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I find the markers to be too small to be of use.

Personally, I use a red checker for my markers. I can then list it as invisible or dynamic (no FoW issues) and can include as much detail as I desire.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

I perfer to use creatures as my room and trap markers, so I have notes, descriptions, attakcs, abilities, etc.

I just use a pic of a number and number then as per the room in the module and make them invis.

Each to their own though

5. Dabrion

Dabrion New Member

will give that a try as well, thanks

6. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Oh, I have all kinds of "creatures" for markers.

I even have creatures that look like the section of floor/wall they are occupying (and I don't make them invisible).

Need to reveal a secret door or a pit trap - delete (or hide) the creature.

I find this much more convenient than trying to add the appropriate pit graphic during an encounter / skill check.

7. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

Thurgian could you post/share some of your markers you mentioned please.

8. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Agreed, they are remarkably tiny. I was trying to place them for a good half hour before I figured out that they were there, just too small to see.

Zandari