1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rule Set/Campaign Editing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabrion, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Dabrion

Dabrion New Member

Hi all,

I am interested in a complete and structured manual for building a custom campaign setting. I have understood how to edit class, spell, feat and skill descriptions, but there seem to be some details that are not documented in the resources publicly available, like: 1) a complete listing of the hard coded java classpath for spellcasting classes and what the constraints are on combining them and their individual feature (it does not seem to be possible to create a wizard based class with domains, frex), 2) the identifiers useable in the stats.zip (some are given in the examples, i have not found a listing of them though) and 3) what is the developers intent about the structure and content in a campaign folder. Are you thinking about a partition of game mechanics and resources?

I know that these topics might change in the future etc. but im interesed to know how mighty the scripting back-end of D20Pro is right now. I am also interested in any information on new features to come or what is not to come in regard to customizability of new campaign settings and/or rule sets (rulesets that are D20 compatible but may feature different or additional identifiers, AC types etc. pp.).

Thanks in advance,
    Dabrion

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I second this although I have no Idea how to do any kind of computer programming or such stuff. But if there was a way to modify or create rulesets as for me to add like the stats and rules for games like Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay or rifts that would be awesome.

3. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

I'm personally working on setting it up for Star Wars Saga Edition, and a rules text file reference would be greatly appreciated. I've figured out a lot on my own, but I think that the classes are going to be a pain to do without a reference.