1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

I desperately need help on mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toxic302, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Toxic302

Toxic302 New Member

The macbook pro that a member of my group has cannot get this to install. He has OX 10.5.8 and for some reason it wont update java to 6 it has java version 1.5.0_24. When i download the program it mounts fine i copied the program to the desktop and tried to click on it a little icon popped up on the bar at the bottom and bounced up and down for a couple of seconds and then disappeared. As far as i know it didn't install. I then tried the bypass thing that was listed in the forums. I opened the d20pro_2.2.0.app via show package contents i went into contents/resources/d20pro.sh and edited as follows

"java -Xmx384m -DBypassJavaVersionCheck -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20pro.jar &"

after that i went into terminal I cd desktop and tried to run the command line listed in your readme file

"java -Xmx384m -Xss512k -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.dat &"

this did not execute it states unable to access jarfile d20pro.dat

i also took out the -xss512k and tried running it same error. I tried running it w/o -xss512k and changed d20pro.dat to d20pro.jar. I also tried it with the .sh file.
    I ran it with the -xss512k and tried the .jar and the .sh file as well as the standard .dat file no go. I am stuck please help

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Toxic302,

Ideally we could figure out why the MacBook Pro with OSX 10.5.8 cannot update to Java 6.

Still, you should be able to get it to run from the command prompt. You mention that you cd to the desktop and try to run from there. You need to cd into the directory that contains d20Pro.jar (this will be tucked away inside the d20pro_2.2.0.app folder). So make sure you find the correct working directory.

Also, I suggest you try a different way of specifying the version bypass if Java 6 is not available. Go back into the show package contents again and edit the Info.plist file. Scroll down and you will find:
    Code:
    <key>VMOptions</key>
    <string>-Xmx512m</string>

Try this instead:
    Code:
    <key>VMOptions</key>
    <string>-Xmx512m -DBypassJavaVersionCheck</string>

save Info.plist and then double-click on the program again. Any luck?

3. Toxic302

Toxic302 New Member

I will try it tomorrow night and get back to u thank u for you response