1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Oct 27, 2010.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Anyone know how to raise the memory limit in java in linux. I tried to change the line in the script that runs the app in linux. from 512 to 1024. but notice the app has memory limit for 300 something. any suggestions.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

figures it out . Changed the frist line Xmx to 1024m increase to 1 gig of memory. your guys may want to change the .sh file in d20 pro Linux install to read the correct command. it would not work for me because it set for wrong file. Also users can set the .sh file to run as executable and it will auto run the program. don't have to type in command line.

in ubuntu 10.10 just right click the .sh file go to properties then permission tab and check the runs as executable file. and next time your click the file it will prompt to run in terminal or display. displays lets you edit the file. terminal will run it and start d20pro. not sure if other version of linux work this way but I am sure it is something similar.

java -Xmx1024m -Xss512k -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.jar

Ps. I still can not make link to the file and have it run of desktop. if I get that fix I will post that also.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

glad you got the memory expanded, let us know if you figure out the other issue.

4. mobius125

mobius125 New Member