1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Building an encounter...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaveCampbell, Nov 11, 2010.

1. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

As usual, last week my players suprised me by running completely off course and starting a fight where I least expected it. No problem, I can handle that, give me a few minutes to build a map. I've got a ton for them for just such an occasion.

The issue was, once I added the new map and started adding monsters, they told me they could see what I was doing. I could not stop it from being broadcast to them... I threw a fog of war up, and continued building, but they had already seen the whole layout.

Question is, how can I buil an encounter in an off-line style mode and prevent it from being broadcast as I do so?

Thanks!

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Drop your netowrk connection, do your work then reconnect. Once reconnected d20Pro will reconnect to each other.

Well that is one solution off the top of my head. Or just make sure when you open a new map to start working on go to fog of war and hide all first. Then if it get transimitted to the players all they get is a big black screen

3. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

Thats what I did in session Friday night; I literally unplugged the network cable until I was ready... worked like a charm..:)

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

Kewl... glad that worked for you.

Hmmmm. Sounds like maybe we should put in a toggle for broadcasting or not. Like the On Air lights at a radio stuido. It would normally be on, but you could click it to turn off broadcasting the players would go into a locked state instead of a lost connection state and would be able to use it once the DM turns transmit back on.

What you think?

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I think that would be awesome. I am not running my campaign until after xmas, so if you got that in before then it would make this guy happy! :D

6. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I would rather have D20pro start all new maps as hidden by default, that shouldn't be to hard to code