1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Pathfinder Bestiary!!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by bigkilla, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Dan

Dan Member

You can also hold down the ENTER key to quickly accept all of them. Just hold it down and it will fly through.

2. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

How do I import this? The Creature Library seems to want a different extension than .map...

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

import it as a map file

4. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

Worked like a charm, thanks!

5. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

Nice Job Bigkilla!

How were you able to do these so quickly?

6. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

It took me a good 6 weeks or so to do them all, but I admit I was going pretty slow.

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

You going to do the bestiary 2 when it comes out?

8. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Most likely yes, unless someone else beats me to it. Hint Hint.

9. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

You did a great job Big Killa. You doing all that work was one of the factors in me deciding to give D20pro A test.

What about if the second book is tackled as a group project with people doing a few letters each? If all that is involved is importing the monster stats from from hero lab and then adding the art from the book as a token I would be happy to do a letter or two.

10. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

That would be cool. It is a little more involved than that though. And at the start I really didn't know exactly what I was doing. If I were to go back through the bestiary again I would know what to do and do it right. as it stands there are a ton of issues with the first bestiary that I did. Like the special abilities not having values and such entered. Still problems with skills not coming over properly, same with attacks and some DR and defenses. I might go back at some point and redo all of the first bestiary, probably before of after I do the second one.

11. Elentir

Elentir New Member

Many thanks for your great work !

12. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

No problem. I believe that Herolab is releasing the Bestiary 2 today, so i will start working on that soon. Although, I am going to go through the first one I did and redo all the monsters and add all the special abilities and everything so they are pretty much 100% correct before I start the bestiary 2.

13. ogexam

ogexam Member

Are you goign to include a combat maneuver in attacks that does 1d0 damage? and then put in the 3 custom scores of CMD CMDF and SR?

14. Dragonmaster13

Let me get this straight. CMD = Combat Maneuver Defense; SR = Spell Resistance. Now the one I am not sure of CMDF = Combat Maneuver Defense Flat-Footed???

15. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Yes. I already have those in the setup that I use now.

16. ogexam

ogexam Member

17. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Well, it will be cool when I am done, but I just started going through my originals from Bestiary 1 and it took my about 2 hours to do the first 5 creatures. I am making sure it is basically 100% correct. I am also adding all of the creatures special abilities in with descriptions of those abilities with the saves and effects all programmed in where applicable. I am adding in SR to all the creatures with spell resistance and making sure CMB attacks CMD and touch attacks go for touch AC and whatnot.Trying to get the skills and attacks 100% correct as well so it is going to be a while before I finish the Bestiary 1 update then I will move onto Bestiary 2.

18. cthulhutheold

cthulhutheold New Member

Hi,
    I'm not Tech Savy, but could you help me? I have download the map and when I try to add the items with a right click,
    I get a sub menu and when you select save...I get Saving throw info...what am I doing wrong?

Eric

19. Dragonmaster13

Select all of the creatures, right click, click on Location, and then click on Save Creature.

20. cthulhutheold

cthulhutheold New Member