1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

4E Monsters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tivaan, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Can 4E monsters be imported from the adventurer tools like the plays can from the character builder? Or is there another altrnative to adding monsters besides manually?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

An importer for the monsters from adventure tools is in the works. Please stand by.

3. GuyPRunkle

GuyPRunkle New Member

Any progress on this?

Guy Runkle

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

Due to personal issues I have not made any major progress.

It is on the top of my list of things to do though. My apologies.

5. GuyPRunkle

GuyPRunkle New Member

Life getting in the way of D&D, Say it's not so! :shock:

Just intended as a friendly poke.

Guy

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

and taken friendly

7. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

This didnt seem to be included in the latest version (at least that I can see), is this going to be released as a plugin, or included in the next version?

Any idea on an ETA?

Thanks

8. ogexam

ogexam Member

Well right now we have to see what WoTC is going to do with everything. Currently they have things all messed up. We are in a holding pattern until they can get stablized with the ability to export the xml from their current version.

9. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

Ahhhh, I didn't realize they were planning on going to full online so quickly! (According to the WOTC forums they plan to have the beta up by the end of the year, along with the 'export' option of the Character Generator. I'm not holding my breath, and even if they do get a beta up, I doubt it will have an export feature.)

Thanks for the quick reply, and I love that I can hide my monsters HP from the players in 2.3! :D

10. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

On a related note:

The "online" character builder doesn't support house rules or custom equipment (for that matter, it doesn't even support all of the "regular" equipment either).

For the time being, I am sticking with the last working "offline" CB.

Alternately, I might bite the bullet and get all of my characters properly formatted in HL and skip the CB process altogether.

11. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

Well, the latest WOTC CB update's export feature seems to work fine with importing to D20pro, I guess that's a step in the right direction!

I plan on experimenting with having all my players log into my DDI account, and use the CB as their character sheets, and re-import them every session. This has the added benefit that they can level up their characters on their own time, and not hold up the game while they are researching what powers to choose.....I hope it works....

12. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I have a question about Adventure Tools.
    I understand the stance you've taken about waiting to see what WOTC is going to do with Adventure Tools and going online with it, but for those of us that are not going online with them can you reconsider your stance.
    For example the the Old CB, I use it and I love the fact I can import into D20 with it. I don't have any complaints even if it becomes no longer supported it makes my life easier.
    And to be honest with you, I'm not going with them online with the Adventures Tools either, so is there any way you could go ahead with the Adventurer Tool importer and if you decide too that this will no longer be supported, I honestly dont care it makes my DMing easier.

Thanks for at least listening to my request

13. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

Well, WotC didn't change the export format from the old to online CB, so there is a possibility that the new Adventure Tools will follow suit (I won't ponder on the likelihood).

I have a sneaking suspicion that the new Adventure Tools won't have an export (or it will be something they will add later).

14. Dan

Dan Member

I tested the new CB and exported a character (a knight) and it worked fine. I'm not holding my breath about the monster builder though.

15. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Been awhile so I thought I would ask

So will there be a importer for the new monster builder?

16. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

just a simple poke

17. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Just another bump

18. Xansereg

Xansereg New Member

So, now that the WOTC OMB finally has an export feature, and it seems to be the same file type as the old monster builder, any plans on continuing work on a 4E monster importer for d20Pro?

19. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

just a bump for the same request

20. l8knight

l8knight New Member

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?