1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

MnM D20 System Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zietes, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Zietes

Zietes New Member

So me and my buddies are trying to move our Mutants and Mastermind's campaign on to the Digital World using d20Pro. We're trial users at the moment and whether or not we can get this to work will decide if we buy the product.

I was wondering how I could go about changing the character sheet, stats, etc to a d20 system. I know a few people on the forums use d20Pro to play MnM so I was also wondering how they are doing it.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

MnM e1/e2/e3 are oddly books I do not have, thus would need more information to assist.

Is there an online wiki using Mutants and Mastermind's open-license content?

3. Zietes

Zietes New Member

I can assist with any info you need. I own the PDFs and actual books for most of 2nd edition.

It honestly uses the basic d20 system with a different way of doing combat with HP and such. There is no HP in MnM.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you go into detail about this?

5. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

the no hit point thing would be the hardest thing to recreate in d20pro, it uses the same system as true20, if your character gets hit you make a toughness save , and depending on the result you are wounded knocked out etc, so all characters and npc's have toughness save values instead of hit ponts, it makes combat a bit less predicatable and if your character fails a save you can all ways spend a hero point!

if you want to see a similar system with out spending out on books check this link http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/srd/ ... index.html and this bit in particular http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/srd/ ... ml#Chapter 6: Playing the Game - Damage and Recovery

6. Zietes

Zietes New Member

There we go, Hawkwind knows what I'm talking about.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess the simple answer is to use the status effect icons and an effects helper to dish out certain conditions if the player fails the contested roll for any penalty given.

Take a look at the "DM Helpler" tool I created for the variant Recharge Magic. Forum Post Link
    (You can create each effect with the proper hindrances on character performance then quickly assign it to the affected creature/character.)

If you want to assign a status effect icon to represent each condition, you can do that too. Simply select the affected creature, right-click (option-click), goto Status, then select the appropriate status effect icon. I believe sometime soon, this will become easier to apply status effect icons to creatures.