1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

connection problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hawkwind, Mar 23, 2011.

1. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I am having connection problems, I was hosting games alright before Xmas then last week I finally made time to show a mate d20 pro and we couldn't connect, I suspect the problem is an upgrade to my kapersky firewall. However int rying to sort things out I reset my router and lost my port forwarding sessions. I re -entered them turned off my fire wall and trned on and configured my router to forward port 10101, I tried out http://www.canyouseeme.org and it showed the port as open however I still can't get another player to connect to my host GM game unless they are on the same local network. Any ideas

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Since canyouseeme.org shows you have a port open (service active on that port) while you have d20Pro Judge session open, tells me that you have setup your side correctly.

It is entirely possible the issue is on your player's computer. Possible causes include:
    • Incorrect IP.
    • Incorrect Port.
    • Their computer (OS Firewall/3rd Party Firewall) not allowing internet access to d20Pro.
    • Their computer (OS Firewall/3rd Party Firewall) not allowing internet access to javaw.
    • Their OS Firewall/3rd Party Firewall/router/modem/service provider not allowing access to a specific port.

3. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I think you are right as I got my laptop to log on to my host computer by tethering the laptop to a wifi access point created by my cell phone. I have a FON enabled wifi router that has two IP addresses. One public and one private. D20pro didn't like me using the laptop on the public ip to connect to the host computer on the private address. I will get back to the player and check with him, I suspect he hasn't even got java installed!

Thanks for your help