1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Nesting Maps

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by jdharvill, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

Hey guys,
    Is there presently a way to nest maps (meaning to place a link as a hidden or visible doorway that automatically loads to the GM Screen the next map in the logical chain)!
    I intend to develop an entire campaign system using d20pro and would like to begin at the continent level, then link down to cities, buildings, and even dungeons at lower levels.
    I can use Google Earth very effectively in a table top campaign setting, but it seems reasonable to assume that I should be able to pop a link onto the map in d20pro just as easily!
    jd

2. Dan

Dan Member

There isn't, but that sounds like a brilliant idea.... Noted!

3. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

So presently you keep your rooms organized by placing a creature (with an icon of a room number on them) close to each room, with a description of the room, or next map embedded in the creature?
    Has anyone else come up with other ways to handle continuity notes?

4. Dan

Dan Member

I use large maps, usually including the entire dungeon in a single map. I also use creatures with numbers for their portraits for easy reference as to room numbers. If I have time, I'll copy/paste that into the Description or Notes tabs of the "creature". This lets me have quick access to info and keep things hidden from my players.

As far as chaining to another map, I usually know where one leads. The modules aren't chained in that way, so it's no different. I just label my maps: "Level 1, Level 2, Surface, Sandpoint Hinterlands, etc" and I know which to use when. Moving creatures to maps is pretty easy: just select them all, right-click > location > move to map.

5. ChrisRevocateur

This internal linking idea should still get implemented. I'd love it.