1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How do I import map files between computers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lawful_G, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Lawful_G

Lawful_G New Member

I hit the "Export" button, but when I import the resulting file, all I get is a blank map with none of the walls, tiles, or other work I did in it. What gives?

I feel like d20Pro didn't save any of that work I did after creating the map. I don't see a "save map" button anywhere, although when I close and reopen d20Pro the maps that I left open are still there. There has got to be a way to save your work that I am not seeing. Please assist.

2. Tharck

Tharck New Member

When you close the actual map you'll be given the option to overright.

3. Lawful_G

Lawful_G New Member

So I have to close a map in order to save it? That seems ripe for a crash to wipe out possibly hours of work.

4. Tharck

Tharck New Member

If there is another option for saving a map I dont know of it. I've made about 90 maps so far and no problems.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Worry not, d20Pro does indeed save your work as you go along. However, it doesn't place your work into your Library until you close and override or close and save a copy of your map. This is a feature that allows you to start with a source map without needing to create a new source map each time you want the same base map before editing.

After you get used to this, this is a very handy feature. :)

6. Zandari

Zandari New Member

I am trying to export then import a map between my computer and a thumb drive, so I can work on the map on a second computer while I am out of the house for a while. However, when I open up the map on the new machine, there aren't any creatures.

Is there a way to export the map so that it includes all the placed creatures, items, traps, etc.?