1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Best digital mapping software to use with d20Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodDelusion, Jun 14, 2011.

1. GodDelusion

GodDelusion New Member

I just purchased a license and will begin using the d20pro software to run games for my 14-year-old son and his friends. Being that they are a younger generation used to the graphics found in modern console games, I need to find a solid option for mapping software that contains a good graphics library to make digital battlemaps. I am aware of tools such as Dunjinni and CC3. I am asking for your advice and recommendations. Key factors, as previously stated, include, solid library of graphics (dungeon/wilderlands/urban) and ease of use. I am aware that WotC and others provide an abundance of free maps, however, I am looking for tools to create custom battlemaps.

Thanks for your time and advice!

2. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Dundjinni has a great support community and a lot free artwork out there. It is also very easy to use, the big problem is the online store has been down for almost a year so it will be near impossible to get a legal copy of this program. CC3 is a bit more expensive a lot more "powerful" and also has strong community support. I use CC3, I wish I could get Dundjinni because it will run natively on my Mac. There used to be a Fractal Mapper that was available too, it was almost a cross between Dundjinni and CC. If you want to see some CC3 maps look at some of my posts in the user created content; keep in mind I am by no means a wizard with CC3, just a lot of experimentation and some good video tutorials that are linked on the CC3 website.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mobius

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

4. neofax

neofax New Member

Why would you print screen? You get a much better copy using software like SomePDF or downgrading to Adobe Acrobat Reader 8(suggest using it in a sandbox though for security reasons). As for a software program to make maps, I would say use GIMP. Head over to the Campaign Cartographer forums and read some of the tutorials over there on how professional artists use GIMP to make maps. If you are not artistically inclined, D20 Cartographer and Jonathan Roberts Fantastic Maps line are great as well. You could also just jump over to the RPTools forums and there is a torrent with open sourced(CC-SA mostly) set pieces you can use to make very nice looking maps.