1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Maps not closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NoizMchn, Jul 6, 2011.

1. NoizMchn

NoizMchn New Member

I have having an issue, where once I open a map, I cannot close it. I am using Linux 11.04

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

What happens when you click on the d20Pro button, the one on the top left... [​IMG] and click on the "x" besides the map name?

Does this give you an error? Does it just do nothing?

If you are still unable to resolve this, what Java version are you running?

3. NoizMchn

NoizMchn New Member

The window pops up asking if I want to save the map, or discard, or whatnot, but no matter what I click, the window just disappears and the map is still there.

4. NoizMchn

NoizMchn New Member

Java version 1.6.22

5. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Did the issue start after you upgraded to that Java version?

6. phloog

phloog Member

It's been a while since I used d20Pro, and now that I'm back it seems like things have gotten really hosed up, or am I just reading too much into things?

Java 1.6.22 may or may not be a problem here...but having the NEWEST Java has caused me to be unable to create a map from file, which basically means I'm done with d20pro until that gets fixed.

I am unwilling to revert my version of Java because I have some fairly complicated bits of software that rely on Java, so I'd like to hear from the developers of d20Pro:

Is your current stance:

1) We are working on this to make sure that our software works with this current/newest version of Java as we speak,

or

2) We are expecting everyone to revert to a Java that works with our software, and hopefully an even NEWER version of Java will fix these issues, but we're not working on it.

If it's #1 you win all kinds of praise, but if it's #2 then I have to go shopping....again. (dreading a return to Fantasy Grounds)

7. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

The fix for this will be included in our next release and is already in testing. Since it's a fairly major release there is a good bit of testing we're doing before release. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

8. phloog

phloog Member

This is a fine answer..a bit of a bummer as I was hoping to use it in my monthly game on the 16th, but still it's better than nothing.

9. NoizMchn

NoizMchn New Member

Thank you everyone for responding. It does help :)