1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

LFP 4 Friday Nights 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by neofax, Jul 7, 2011.

1. neofax

neofax New Member

OK, after this Saturday I think I will have enough experience using d20Pro and am looking to trying out the software. I am looking for 4 reliable players that want to play the Kobold King set of modules. I am thinking to start the first Friday in August and play every Friday from then on with exceptions. If interested, please reply to this thread and also to my email neofax99 <AT> gmail dot com. I will provide info on what I expect and provide build rules.

2. vanith

vanith Member

I am interested in this game, please let me know via PM about the starting details.

3. glacius

glacius New Member

I am interested and available.

Thanks

4. merlin159

merlin159 New Member

i must know if im gonna play or not but is it friday in america or elsewhere

5. neofax

neofax New Member

EST = Eastern Standard Time or New York, New York, USA

6. neofax

neofax New Member

OK, so I have 3 possibly 4 not sure about Merlin159. Vanith, Glacius and Richard. Here are my rules and once I get emails from Vanith and Glacius and Merlin159 if he is planning to join, I will send out invites to my EpicWords site.

I just need a character sheet and token image. You can use any Paizo Publishing material excluding Gunslinger. I do not allow Psionics or 3PP material unless approved before hand. Point buy is 20 and starting wealth is 250 gp no magical items. Take two traits and possibly Action Points(haven't decided yet).

7. merlin159

merlin159 New Member

i only asked about when (and where) coz of time differences so i know when i have to be up by and if i can get times so i can look it up (it being timezones) that'll be great

8. neofax

neofax New Member

I have posted the time zone two times now. Once in the OP (8PM EST=Eastern Standard Time) and yet again two posts up from your post. So, I will help you out. You are 14 hrs ahead of me which would make it 10 am Saturday your time start. I am not trying to be a jerk, but I don't know how much more clear I can be.

9. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

While the majority of people on this forum are from the US and automatically assume EST means EST/US, we must remember that other countries also have Eastern Time Zones with the same abbreviation "EST". What merlin159 is asking for is the country of the time zone or the UTC/GMT time difference to your game time zone posted "EDT/US = (UTC/GMT - 4)" (EDT since we are observing daylight time)

For example:
    The Caribbean has Atlantic, Cuba, and Eastern Time zones.
    Australia also has an Eastern Time Zone; along with Central, Lord Howe, Norfolk, and Western Time Zones.

Though, you did state in in your second time post..
    I've planned many online events with people throughout the world where time zone conversion really comes into play. And since EST/US = UTC/GMT -5 hours, and EDT/US = UTC/GMT - 4 hours, there has been times (when I just started planning events with participation outside the US) times where people were either 1 hour late or 1 hour early due to a miss representation of time ( EST/US or EDT/US ). Also, some countries observe Daylight Savings Times on different days, or not at all. In addition, if participation of people below the equator have different rotation of Daylight Savings Times, if they observe Daylight Savings Times at all.

Anyway, this is just some friendly time zone conversion and game time posting advice when you have interest outside the US. :)

10. merlin159

merlin159 New Member

i was refering to the time of day not where but anyway i wont be able to play coz i just remembered that i have a kingmaker game going on friday here witch stuff me up for this game anyway

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I am possibly Interested in this game if there is still a spot open.Sending Email.

12. neofax

neofax New Member

Bump. Still looking for 2-3 players.

13. Provos

Provos New Member

Already emailed you.

14. neofax

neofax New Member

If you have received an invite, you are in. Our first game will be next Friday the 5th August at 8PM EDT. If I need any more players, I will use a first come first served basis from this post on.

15. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

Are there any open slots available in your game? I would love to find a dependable dm to play with.