1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Limbo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kizan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I put a monster token in Limbo and I can't figure out how to get it back out of Limbo. The manual states "To leave limbo, simply drag & drop the creature onto the map." But that's not terribly helpful.

Drag from where to map?

Thanx,

Kizan

2. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

From the d20Pro button/menu select the Roster which holds creatures in initiative, and should also hold creatures in Limbo. You can drag from that window onto the map.

I've used Limbo for quick map transitions which keeps the players (creatures) in their current states--no need to save copies of the originals. It also remembers who's controlling the players. Otherwise, a person would have to save the PC's as originals or copies and then drag them back from the creature library (and potentially reassign owner).

The online help has much info and screenshots.

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Thanx for all the help. That's exactly what I needed.

FYI I was reading the online help. That's where the quote in my post came from. Hence the question.

Thanks again!

4. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

*grin* Ah, of course you were reading the manual!

I've gotten used to just adding RTFM to my answers! Just kidding.

I think that some of the ins and outs for this tool are: intuitive; from the manual; from forum posts; from experimentation; tips from other Judges/players in game.

So the manual could definitely use some expanded entries. Maybe an FAQ too?

I only just found a good use for Limbo (map transitions of PC's) in my most recent game this past weekend, so that's why I knew you could drag from the roster.

Happy Hunting...er, Gaming!