1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Init options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kizan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Is there an option somewhere to show the init list WITHOUT the pictures? When there are lots of critters the list gets really long and the pictures get in the way. Maybe a name with a percentage damage or something?

Thanx,

Kizan

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Currently, no.

Good feature request though. Perhaps have an option in the Options window would be a good way to achieve the result you are seeking.

3. neofax

neofax New Member

It would also be nice to have the item horizontal and autohide. I wish all of the frames inside d20Pro were able to lock to sides of the screen and autohide.

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I also wish I could show only the creatures on the map that's currently showing. Several times, I have wanted to have two or three maps open for easy switching, but I didn't want the roster to show the creatures on the other maps.

5. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

Regarding creatures not showing: I have them drop out of initiative as I construct a map, if they're in the library with initiative on--though I tend to re-save them with init off (I also make them invisible on a given map, for that matter, aside from turning on fog of war, to avoid inadvertent displays; with multiple select it's still easy to make them visible at once, and enter initiative--and the roster). They shouldn't show in the roster if they're out of initiative.

Regarding roster display: yes, toggling large icon, small icon, details, short label, etc. would be convenient. I do like large icon when trying to see what statuses are on if it's just the little graphic at the bottom of the creature pic. But it would be nice to see most/all of the combatants in a single glance.

6. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Sorry, my idea is a bit of a distraction from the main thread, but . . .
    This is my workaround as well, but the whole point of having multiple maps open at the same time is for quick switching back and forth. I could just as easily close and save the map, then reopen it, rather than put all of the creatures in and out of initiative multiple times. But say my group splits up (the horror!) and have two battles going on in different places, and I want to switch back and forth every few rounds to keep people from getting bored, or something like that.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

To continue on your side track:
    I then open two instances of d20Pro (first: port 10101, second: port 10102). Then I can bounce back and forth between the two groups, either creating a new channel (voice program like vent/ts3) or private call or conference (skype) or use one in call and other group in texts. This way each group can only see the map they are currently on.

More back on topic:
    Yes, I would also appreciate the initiative tracker (roster) to have some changes and upgrades to make it easier to run games.

8. Dan

Dan Member

Invisible creatures don't show in the roster for players. Neither do the Inactive ones.