1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Allow players to control all or some sub-group of PC tokens

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kizan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

It would be nice if there were a way for players to control PC tokens or for multiple players to share a token. Most games are friendly and it's not a big deal if someone else moves my mini/token for me. If someone could just drag a selection box around all the tokens marking them, click and move them around the board.

Example: If I have a party henchmen that all players should be able to move around. Or as sometimes happens one person has to go to the bathroom and says, "Just move me along with everyone else" or has Wife Agro and has to go for a bit, but we don't want to leave him behind.

So it would be useful both in and out of combat.

Thanx,

Kizan

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Allow players to control all or some sub-group of PC tok

Yes, this would be nice to have. I see this request as two requests bundled into one...

1 - Allow all players to control all other player's creatures (from an option in the d20Pro Menu > Options > Judge > selection box).

2 - Allow selection of multiple creatures then allow movement of all creatures as a group (for example: to maintain marching order without a lot of mouse navigation).

---

Current work around for 1: assign character ownership to another player while the primary is away from their computer or the judge can move the character.

3. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

Re: Allow players to control all or some sub-group of PC tok

Option #2 reminds me of Fallout: Tactics, Mechwarrior 2, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights...numerous real-time strategy games...and others where you could cause small groups or armies to move while staying roughly in certain grouped or dispersed patterns.