1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hosting a Game: Players Control Over PCs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

So I'm getting the hang of content creation, and am getting ready for our first game session. Towards that end, I'd like help figuring out how I hand off control of the PCs to my players.

As I understand it:
    1) I need to create my player's PCs in the Creature Library.
    2) I can set these to "Party" under the "Team" menu.
    3) Then during a gaming session my players can...?

Once I have a game session started, a map down, etc. How do the players get control of/move around/cast spell with their PCs?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

After the player logs into your game:
    Select the creature(s) that the player controls.
    Press the "O" button on the keyboard to assign ownership.
    A window will show up with all the names of the players who are loged in your game session, simply choose which player owns the selected creature(s).
    Repeat until all your players control all their characters.
    Enjoy

3. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Ahh, awesome, much thanks :)

4. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Is there a way for all players to control all PC's? If I have a party henchmen that all players should be able to move around. Or as sometimes happens one person has to go to the bathroom and says, "Just move me along with everyone else" or has Wife Agro and has to go for a bit. Is there way to let all players control all PC's?

Thanx,

Kizan

5. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

No, right now there is not a way to do this. Sounds like a feature request to me. :)

6. Kizan

Kizan New Member

OK, that's what I'll do then.

Thanx,

Kizna

7. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

As we all have experienced in the past, players will loose control of there PCs for a time due to spells / mind control / GM intervention / etc. The GM needs a quick method of assigning such ownership in such an event. This will allow the game to continue in the event of a player dropping out or another player seizing control of another PC, etc.

:0)