1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

GM can enter character rolls for attacks

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Mikipoo, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Mikipoo

Mikipoo New Member

Right now i get a character to roll for an attack and then decide using the regular math involved to see if they hit or not. then i click, hit or miss. I would like to be able enter their roll, then the program can say hit or miss. my characters are all in the machine so the adjustments are already in the system.

basically, i can enter/adjust their damage, i would like to be able to do it for attacks, saves etc just like i can for initiative.

this would be GREAT, thnx.

2. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Hmmm.. that might go against the philosophy of d20pro. As far as I can tell they basically want to replace the table part of your PNP game.

By allowing you to change the result of a player rolled die/dice in d20pro would be like at the physical table reaching over and taking the die/dice from the player and the verbally telling them what they got. It might make your story/plot go the way you want but at the RL table you'd have some explaining to do.

Thanx,

Kizan

3. Wynter

Wynter New Member

Actually, you can do this already. Have your player make their attack. You will get the Resolve Attack screen. You can click on the attack die, and change the number if necessary.

4. Kizan

Kizan New Member

After my stupid rant about philosophy I will now rant about the need for a real manual that includes this kind of stuff. Please stay tuned for additional stupid rants from my...unless my wife shuts me up first. :lol:

Kizan

5. Wynter

Wynter New Member

After just checking the online manual for Attacks http://help.mindgene.com/judging/combat/attacks, I can confirm that this isn't listed and it probably should be. I do know I've seen this option listed as a tip when the program starts up, though (assuming you didn't turn them off! ;) )