1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Random Health

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Terek, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Terek

Terek New Member

I think it would be a nice idea to have a mob set up so it would have a random amount of health every time you pulled it from your library. Maybe you could allow the entry of health to have a dice description like 4d8+8. Until it is available I intend to roll their health manually and alter each copy as they come out until this feature is available.

Thank you for all of your hard work,
    Terek

2. Doskious

Doskious New Member

In fact, there is a field in the creature entry that is labeled HD - I've been putting in HD entries like "4d8+4" (for a 4th level Cleric with Con 13). None of my monsters come out with randomized HP, though, they all have HP values based on the entry I put in the HP field. (I've also tried just entering a number ("4") into the field, which also seems to have no effect, as does blanking out the HP field (it defaults to 1).)

This would be a really nice addition for a bit more variability in hastily-set-up encounters.