1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

New Pathfinder looking for a game

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Fatal0083, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Fatal0083

Fatal0083 New Member

Hey all,

A couple of friends of mine were planning to get a campaign going some time back, but interest wavered and the guy who was going to GM finally said he wasn't interested in GMing anymore, so i took up the mantle myself, but we've yet to find the time to get together and actually start. So, i did some searching online for examples on how to run a game and after watching some videos of how d20pro works, i decided to give it a shot myself and see what i can get into. Granted, i'm only really looking to join a game as a player at the moment.

I'm fairly well versed in the basics of pathfinder, and i have the core rulebook, advanced players guide and ultimate combat guide right next to me for reference. I've been using PCGen to generate some characters in my off time to learn a bit of how the different classes work, and so far have a ranger to use as my primary, a sorcerer, a summoner and eidolon, a cleric, a barbarian, and an oracle, all first level of course.

I'm available to play just about every weekday from 4pm-11pm EST with a possibility of saturdays after 4pm. I use teamspeak as my primary VOIP, but i can easily download anything else as needed.

I'm still working out the basics for how d20pro connects to games but i'm willing to put in the effort to get it working. Right now i'm running on the trial license but i'd be happy to purchase a player license if i can find a game i like.

Thanks in advance,
    Fatal

2. Fatal0083

Fatal0083 New Member

Since it doesnt see like anyone is starting a game that i qualify for, can i at least get pointed in the right direction for a good starter campaign and anything i would need to get it set up? I've got a few friends i'd like to try GMing for.

3. Provos

Provos New Member

Might I suggest looking for a PFS game? You get to experience how d20Pro works without committing to find a permanent group or DM.

I suggest for a starter module running We Be Goblins!. It is an easy module to learn from with rping, skill challenges, and combat that is relitivly straight forward. Another big plus is that it is FREE!

4. Fatal0083

Fatal0083 New Member

I'm still learning the terminology, what does PFS stand for? Also, thanks for the lead, i'll check up on it.

5. Provos

Provos New Member

Sorry, I will clarify Pathfinder Society(PFS).

6. Fatal0083

Fatal0083 New Member

Oh ok, that makes sense now. Though i think i would rather join in with a permanent group than bounce around, and it seems like getting involved with a society would be like opening a whole can of worms i'd rather not deal with.

7. trundell

trundell New Member

Have you found a campaign yet? I'm working on getting a new group together. Thursdays 7p-11p EST. We'll have GM +3 local and one remote player. I was hoping to find one more. WEe have 1 new to patyhfinder and the rest of us have about a year's expereince. I want to start in two weeks if everything shakes out. We'll be playing a full adventure path arc (hopefully)

8. deathnell

deathnell New Member

If there are any slots open i would love to get in on that session. I'm new to d20 pro but i have been playing pathfinder for a while now. Let me know