1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Damage Rolls

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by mercury00, Aug 25, 2011.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

D20pro gives us total damage on an attack. But in our game, players have some magic items with properties that they reroll 1's on damage rolls. And d20Pro doesn't tell us what the damage roll actually was, just the total (so lets say something silly like 20d10 just gives us 113 as a total damage, but not how many of those are 1s). Does that make sense?

It would be great to be able to actually see the die rolls for damage, is what I'm saying. I'm not sure how hard or easy that would be, since there could be several die, really.

2. jaly

jaly New Member

Not sure if this exaclty what you are talking about, however, my Pathfinder rogue can turn sneak attack 1s and 2s into 3s (Deadly Sneak). To do this in D20 Pro, I set the sneak attack at 1d4+2. This way my rolls are anywhere from 3-6. Technically, this is not the same thing since I shoudl have a 50% chance at a 3 not the 25% with this method. However, it is the closest I can automate the attack in D20 pro.

3. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

That's clever.

The only problem is, we already use the 'sneak attack' field to accommodate other damage increases, like combat advantage and hunters quarry, etc.

However, I'm sure I can figure out the math and just adjust the actual dice. I hadn't thought of actually doing that, thanks!

4. CorzatTheGray

CorzatTheGray New Member

+1 on showing actual rolls of the dice that led to total displayed.

5. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

I can't promise this will make it into the v3 release, but we've started to re-work dice rolling to accommodate features like this.

6. ChrisRevocateur

+1 to revealing damage rolls.