1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping track of rounds/day abilities

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Montis, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Toggle button (ON/OFF) for abilities that auto-track total and used rounds.

1. Yes, this feature would benefit me and make game play quicker.

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, this feature does not have a benefit and will not make game play quicker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Montis

Montis New Member

I would like to suggest a feature where you can turn on and off a specific ability and at the same time it keeps track of how many rounds you had it active.

This would be really helpful for Rage, Bardic Performance and many class abilities of casters.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This is what I do for my creatures:

Create counters as abilities, then if the ability/counter has an effect, make that happen too..
    (just make sure to select the creature using the ability to make the effects active.)
    [​IMG]

3. Montis

Montis New Member

Well yes, I use the abilities for this, too. But the problem is, when ending a rage or performance the judge has to manually alter the rounds/day left, which sucks a bit.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you show me how you are doing this currently?

I just have those as listed as duration = 1 round, and the player re-activates the ability each round. In the rage case, if they choose not to continue with their rage and dont have moment of clarity I would use the rage cooldown ability to get the appropriate negative effects.

Though, I agree there should be a toggle button go turn on/off these abilities and have it keep track of total rounds availible and rounds that remain for these abilities and the ability to create secondary effects when the abilities end.

5. Montis

Montis New Member

Well I had a bard in a group where I wasn't the DM and having to reapply inspire courage each round to each friendly combatant would've been really annoying (also for the judge who had to approve it every time).

So I used an at will ability and set it for 5 rounds and basically kept track of the rounds/day on a piece of paper :p

Now I'm the DM and I have a bard too, and I'm looking for ways to improve things. Although I think he will use lingering performance quite a lot so I'm probably going to make an ability which lasts 3-rounds and has Rd/Day like his bardic performance.

But then there's the barbarian... well I think we have to stick with your way of doing that.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I still like the feature request and hope that it's implemented in a future update. And now everyone can weigh in on the idea. Use the poll on the top if you feel this feature would be beneficial.

7. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Any and all customization will be utilized at some point by people. Adding more features is a good thing, always, as long as the tutorial for the program keeps up to date for all the changes.

8. ChrisRevocateur

THIS!