1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Animated Gifs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by nullcron, Sep 21, 2011.

1. nullcron

nullcron New Member

I imported an animated gif to see how it worked in different places and saw that it only worked in one place (handouts).
    It would be cool if animated gis could be used in all cases.
    Examples:
    • Camp fires
      water, streams, rivers
      magic items
      player, monster icons and portraits

2. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I'd agree with this.

However I have gotten animated GIFs to work with token pics. Haven't tried the others.

Kizan

3. nullcron

nullcron New Member

I noticed some files have their aspect ratio adjusted. This I would suspect would kill the animation.
    Maybe if the files were square they would work?!

4. Doskious

Doskious New Member

I have also had great success in getting animated Gifs to work as images on creature tokens.

I have tried squared-off animated Gifs as items and tiles without success. I suspect that the methods used to implement images for items and tiles assume that the image will be static, and hence do not load the animation, but I don't have anything to support that notion other than a hunch.

>.>

It would be nice to have the ability to place non-creature animations, though I have no idea if the respective display methods would easily allow for that kind of modification.

5. nullcron

nullcron New Member

So what is the secret then?
    What is your process?
    What gifs did you use?

6. Tharck

Tharck New Member

When assigning a GIF picture to a creature, it will default to a PNG file, thus after importing the picture but before checking "okay!" change the file on the top left in the grey box from .PNG back to .GIF (or origonal file type)

7. nullcron

nullcron New Member

Thank You !! :D

8. cyderak

cyderak Member